athlon II and amdtemp

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 26 13:25:42 UTC 2009

on 26/08/2009 12:07 Andriy Gapon said the following:
> It seems that amdtemp might be incorrectly reporting temperature for Athlon II
> processors.
> I have Athlon II X2 250. amdtemp attaches and reports.
> But it reports 22.5C temperature (on an idle system) while room temperature is
> 25C according to my old reliable thermometer on the wall.

Oh, sorry for the noise!
I read the specs again and now I see that the reported temperature on this
processor is _not_ physical temperature. It is useful for comparison with
Tctl_max, which is measured on the same scale.
BTW, for this CPU family (Athlon II, 45nm, 65W), Tctl_max is 70C.

--
Andriy Gapon