ODP: Re: Acpli driver for FreeBSD to Asus A6F

martinko gamato at users.sf.net
Sun Oct 26 12:03:37 UTC 2008

Jung-uk Kim wrote:

> You have to hook up devd to get extra buttons that are not handled by
> acpi_asus(4).  One night, I wrote an ugly script to do that (attached
> for your reference).  To use it, you need to add the following lines
> in the /etc/devd.conf:
>
> # ASUS laptop notified actions.
> notify 10 {
>         match "system"          "ACPI";
>         match "subsystem"       "ASUS";
>         action                  "/etc/acpi_asus $notify";
> };
>
> and place the attached file in /etc and make it executable.  For X.org
> OSD, you need to install ports/misc/xosd.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Jung-uk Kim

This is great! :-D
I've already forgotten this part of my laptop's functionality but now
I'm getting excited about it again. ;-)

Well, not everything works out of the box but it's a good place to
start.  Btw, don't you want to create a port of this ?? :o)

I'm already thinking of ways to improve the script.  First, I want to
add support for extra keys my laptop has got.  Then I'd like to factor
the settings out so that users don't have to edit the script in order to
change desired behaviour.  /Also, for instance, main volume control does
not work everywhere and therefore it is likely to be needed redefined./

Cheers! :-)

Martin