Semi-working patch for amd64 suspend/resume

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 22 20:03:15 UTC 2008

Hi.

Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> I was working on suspend/resume support for amd64 and this is the
> result.  It works with a modified QEMU (QEMU does not support S3) but
> real boxes that I have don't seem to like it (e.g., broken BIOSes).
> If there is someone interested in finishing it off or giving it a
> try, the patch is here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/amd64_suspend.diff

I have tried it on my Acer TM6292. S1/S2 are unsupported. On S3 system
successfully got down, but on wakeup button, two seconds after power up,
even without video initialization, it shut down, reset and then started
usual boot. I have tried both original and updated BIOS, without any
difference.

Can I give you any other help?

--
Alexander Motin