PCI bridge with I/O decode 0x0-0x0

Mario Pavlov freebsd at abv.bg
Sat May 17 05:58:26 UTC 2008

Hi list,
I've recently bought a laptop Acer Aspire 5920
but I can't get the LAN and WLAN to work
I thought it's because of the drivers but now I think it's an ACPI problem
here is a verbose logging of the boot process and some comments:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2008-May/010727.html
I've tried to dump and decompile the AML image but I'm not very much in the ASL coding and I understand nearly nothing
however I've tried to find on OS specific parts in the code
this is what I found:

    Scope (\_SB)
    {
        Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (DTSE)
            {
                TRAP (0x47)
            }

            Store (0x07D0, OSYS)
            If (CondRefOf (_OSI, Local0))
            {
                If (_OSI ("Linux"))
                {
                    Store (0x01, LINX)
                }

                If (_OSI ("Windows 2001"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D1, OSYS)
                }

                If (_OSI ("Windows 2001 SP1"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D1, OSYS)
                }

                If (_OSI ("Windows 2001 SP2"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D2, OSYS)
                }

                If (_OSI ("Windows 2006"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D6, OSYS)
                }
            }

            If (LAnd (MPEN, LEqual (OSYS, 0x07D1)))
            {
                TRAP (0x3D)
            }

            TRAP (0x2B)
            TRAP (0x32)
        }
    }

I have no idea what is this for...but I've tried to add an Else clause and some combinations in
like that:

                If (_OSI ("Windows 2006"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D6, OSYS)
                }
		Else
		{
		    Store (0x01, LINX)
		}

but the result is just the same...
I'm not even sure where exactly the problem is...
Could you give me a hand please
thank you

Regards
MGP