T61p and acpi_ibm

Markus Brueffer markus at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 17 19:02:36 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, 15. März 2008 02:34:52 schrieb Dan Olson:
> So I just got a new Lenovo T61p and thought I'd try the acpi_ibm kernel
> module to see if it works.  Well it loads with out errors and the
> thinklight changes from 0 to 1.   The lcd_brightness variable doesn't
> change but the buttons works. Also it looks like the mute and volume are
> real keys now as they are registered in X as key presses.
>
> Most of the buttons actually work but is there any thing that can be
> done to get some more buttons to be seen by acpi_ibm?  I played with
> changing the eventmask with no luck. Any suggestions?

I suppose, you already set dev.acpi_ibm.0.events=1 and
dev.acpi_ibm.0.eventmask=16777215 ?

A lot of keys throw acpi events which are being handled by devd. Did you
already have a look at these?

Which keys exactly don't work?

In order to analyze this further, we need a copy of the DSDT:

# acpidump -dt > t61p.asl

Please put the resulting file t61p.asl on a webserver and provide a link to
that file.

Thanks,

Markus