kern/121558: Supermicro X7SB4 Fatal trap 12 when ACPI disabled

Leon Kos leon.kos at lecad.uni-lj.si
Wed Mar 12 15:15:21 UTC 2008

It really looks like that if one uses hints to be statically compiled, then
/boot/device.hints are ignored. After adding GENERIC.hints to CAD.hints my
kernel booted. But not with ACPI disabled. Same issue with Fatal trap 12.

I've added to /boot/device.hints
hw.pci13.0.INTA.irq="16"
hw.pci15.0.INTA.irq="17"
hw.pci5.0.INTA.irq="17"

With GENERIC and this hints does not help when booting ACPI disabled. Even
if they are statically compiled in.  Is the syntax correct? How can I
verify this? mptable is not useful as John Baldwin said?

I am also sad to say, that Supermicro response on the issue was:
Hello Sir,

We didn't validate FreeBSD with our X7SB4, can you please install one of the
validated OS'es and see if error is still the same?

http://www.supermicro.nl/support/resources/OS/X7S.cfm

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards / Mit freundlichem gruß,

Peter Maas
Senior Application Engineer

Kind regards,

Leon Kos, CAD lab, Mech.Eng., University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
(http://www.lecad.uni-lj.si/~leon)