Power Measurement Problem: Question

Cihan Kömeçoğlu cihan at enderunix.org
Tue Mar 11 13:32:15 UTC 2008

I would like to measure the fine-grained consumed power
per wireless transaction on a loptop. I am sure that
the most fine-grained measurement would be physically wiring the
laptop battery with a voltmeter. However, this is inconvenient for me.
Thus, I installed acpi in order to measure the power consumed by the
wireless interface of my laptop. However, my understanding is that
acpi periodically flushes the power measurements into a state file.
Is it possible to tell the acpi to flush its power state into the
state file whenever a wireless transaction is performed. If not,
is there a tool that can be used to get the power state of the
battery?

--
Cihan Kömeçoðlu,
EnderUNIX SDT                         mailto:cihan at enderunix.org