kern/121575: ACPI regression from 6.2 to 7.0 -- S3 resume fails with VIA VT8235

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 05:40:03 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR kern/121575; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: RC <cooleyr at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/121575: ACPI regression from 6.2 to 7.0 -- S3 resume fails
 with VIA VT8235
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:33:32 -0700

 On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:52:54 +0100
 Volker <volker at vwsoft.com> wrote:

 > Please post `sysctl hw.acpi', `sysctl debug.acpi' and `apm'

 Looking at the output of sysctl, it immediately became obvious that
 reset_video was 0, whereas it should have been 1, as it is on my 6.2
 installation.  I was sure it was enabled (in the BIOS) but it's
 been a long time now... And I look like an idiot for not first checking
 something so simple.

 Thanks for the pointer.  You can discard this bug.