Support for Fn keys on a Sony laptop

Alexey Tarasov glorgster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 03:57:10 UTC 2008

I've worked a little bit with it (but after I've binded Fn keys in Gnome to
needed for me actions - I've stopped working with keys). Now I'm trying to
add nodes for fan speed check (it may be done by reading EC data), but I've
some difficulties cause I'm new to FreeBSD drivers.

acpi_sony.c is very old and implements some basic functions of SNC. But
there is also SPIC related driver, that is even more older and not supports
newer models (so-called type 3). Linux driver handles both SNC and SPIC in
one module (actually, there were two drivers earlier, but they have united
to sony-laptop

I've SZ4MRN, FreeBSD 7. If you want, we may collaborate on acpi_sony driver.

---
Best regards,
Alexey

Hi!