HP compaq nc6230 lockup on resume.

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Fri Jun 27 14:13:56 UTC 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 11:34 PM, Ian Smith wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
>> On Jun 26, 2008, at 2:55 PM, John Baldwin wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, I haven't gotten bge to resume yet.  I've tried resuming
>>> brgphy, etc. but
>>> still no dice.  For video, use acpi_video and try forcing the lcd on
>>> in /etc/rc.resume via hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=1.
>>
>> just add
>>
>>      sysctl -w hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=1
>>
>> to the bottom of /etc/rc.resume I presume.
>
> Well, before the 'exit 0' anyway :)
>
> Something else you should try is setting
>  hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1
> before suspending, and if it helps, add it to /etc/sysctl.conf

Nice call.

My
      echo "sysctl -w hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=1" >> /etc/rc.resume

didn't quite get there 8-)

so begins another round of testing. This is a pain in the neck because
I'm pretty much testing blind. Yesterday when I had the serial console
setup I noticed that the serial console wasn't ready for writing on
resume but I could see messages. Maybe I need to go back to that
setup, at a kill -HUP 1 to /etc/rc.resume and cross my fingers.

-- Chris

Chris Hilton                                   e: chris|at|vindaloo|
dot|com
                   "The pattern juggler lifts his hand; The orchestra
begin.
       As slowly turns the grinding wheel in the court of the crimson
king."
                                            -- Ian McDonald / Peter
Sinfield