ACER 5050

sergio lenzi lenzi.sergio at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 14:05:23 UTC 2008

Hello...

I have an ACER 5050 model 3284 (turion 64 1gb memory, 120Gb hd)...
it is so terrible that Ubuntu does not boot with acpi turned on....

Well.   FreeBSD 7.0 works ok except for the atheros wifi chip that
the bios maps it wrong...
when I try to load the if_ath, the FreeBSD kernel complains
with "cannot map register space" .... so it does not work....
the rest of the notebook works fine... sound screen, reset,
keyboard,.....
usb... all OK....

Is there a fix in the acpi code (I am using a modified "fixed"  acpi
during boot)...
seems that acpi does not map io/register on boot....

As Linux does not boot on the machine with acpi enable, I cannot tell
the OS
what is the io/adress of the atheros chip...

Any help?????  Please????