HP compaq nc6230 lockup on resume.

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Thu Jun 26 17:47:39 UTC 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 8:38 AM, John Baldwin wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 June 2008 06:50:04 pm Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd love to have this thing actually suspend/resume but I'm out of
>> tricks as to how to get it working.
>
> My nc6220 needs an ATA patch to resume.  Otherwise it loses all its
> ATA
> devices on resume.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/ata_resume.patch

Okay, good progress at least.

      With the ata_resume.patch that you provided I can get the
machine to suspend and resume but the video doesn't come back.
However, the caps and numlock keys are doing their jobs and the
keyboard works on the console so I can login and shutdown saving
myself an fsck after the reboot.

Enabling hw.acpi.reset_video causes a hard hang on resume.

I enabled comconsoles to get a better idea of what was going on.
On the console when I resume the bge driver complains about write and
read time outs. Then initialization fails. Shortly after that the
keyboard works again. My plan is to cut the bge driver out of the
kernel and see if that makes things better although I'm not sure what
to do about the lack of video.

-- Chris

-- Chris

--
Chris Hilton                                   chris-at-vindaloo-dot-com