[Vaio SZ5MN] Unable to Power-off

Alexey Tarasov glorgster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 15:57:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

sorry for delay with answer. I'm out of home city now.

It's really interesting, I've tried just to add two methods to original
acpi_sony and that have no any effect with correct power off.
However modified sources provided via link in my previous post - works. Have
you tried it?

I'll try to downgrade modified sources to find out why it works. It performs
more sophisticated initialization of SPIC,
but SNC is handled almost in the same way is in original (lan power
management are SNC methods, not SPIC,
which is operated not through ACPI).

---
Best regards,