Dell ACPI & S3 resume problems.

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Fri Jul 4 07:40:14 UTC 2008

    0n Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 05:48:35PM +0200, Olivier Fauchon wrote:

    >Perfect.... That works !
    >I 'm actualy running a SMP kernel (CoreDuo CPU) with one disabled core
    >(with BIOS). This was not enough.
    >"kern.smp.disabled=1" corrects the problem.
    >I'm now able to resume under Xorg, in multiuser mode. I'm lucky.

How are you lucky if you loose one of your cores ?

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.