Need info about ACPI - implementing, done ....

Artur Bać artur at ebasoft.com.pl
Wed Jan 30 05:40:23 PST 2008

Nate Lawson pisze:
> Artur Bać wrote:
>> There is no ACPI , there is Microsoft invention combo  of ACPI+WMI+MOF
>> so we call acpi  method which calls wmi method with code located in
>> bios or embbeded as MOF data into acpi ...
>
> Yeah, it would be better to implement a generic WMI driver and then call
> it from your wireless switch driver.  Not all laptops will support this
> method of calling into WMI via ACPI since it's not a standard.

After reading ...
http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03020.pdf
I'm frustrated with the knowlege that Hi was able/he tryed to make my
privte hardware, laptop making useles in areas where it suits me best.

This article shows why there is a mix of WMI+ACPI in my laptop, and why
we are unable to use only ACPI to take the best from it.

He is realy a big sucker.