kern/112544: [acpi] [patch] Add High Precision Event Timer Driver for userland timer facility

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 29 14:46:07 PST 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008 01:06:17 pm gavin at freebsd.org wrote:
> Synopsis: [acpi] [patch] Add High Precision Event Timer Driver for userland
timer facility

> State-Changed-From-To: open->patched
> State-Changed-By: gavin
> State-Changed-When: Tue Jan 29 18:05:51 UTC 2008
> State-Changed-Why:
> Was committed to -HEAD a couple of weeks ago.

Actually, the commit to head was just one part of this patch and more inspired
by this patch rather than from the PR.  We still don't support the
comparators in HPETs at all, so I'd like to leave this PR open in case we
reuse some of this code when the HPET driver does eventually grow support for
comparators (probably to be used by the kernel rather than userland however).

--
John Baldwin