Need info about ACPI - implementing acer_acpi, amilo 1650g

Artur Bać artur at ebasoft.com.pl
Tue Jan 29 10:40:16 PST 2008

Tuesday 29 of January 2008 13:05:42 Takanori Watanabe napisał(a):
> I have another laptop PC with ACPI WMI device, and try to implement
> some namespace detection. But leave untouched so long because
> I could not find how to make them do  useful thing.
>
> http://www.init-main.com/a2000/acpi_wmi.c

One thing that is suspicious in Your code

	if(AcpiEvaluateObject(devh, "_WDG", NULL, &wdg_buf)){
		device_printf(dev, "Cannot Fetch _WDG");
		return ENXIO;
	}

from  Module Name: nsxfeval - Public interfaces to the ACPI subsystem

 * FUNCTION:    AcpiEvaluateObject
 *
 *              ExternalParams      - List of parameters to pass to method,
 *                                    terminated by NULL.  May be NULL
 *                                    if no parameters are being passed.
 *              ReturnBuffer        - Where to put method's return value (if
 *                                    any).  If NULL, no value is returned.

Evaluate is aimed at calling methods As I understand interface, I didn't find
any other info for now.

in my DSDT _WDG is a buffer not method...

        Device (AMW0)
        {
            Name (_HID, "pnp0c14")

            Name (_WDG, Buffer (0x3C)
            {
                /* 0000 */    0x81, 0x17, 0xF4, 0xD9, 0x33, 0xF6, 0x00, 0x44,

So look at fbsd acpica sources and try to search for functions that reads acpi
registry directly.

Hoever I'm not strong in  WMI, ACPI and I'm not sure if I have right, I only
have read few papers for the last days.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

--

Artur