kern/119675: [acpi] apic_hpet0 probe causes divide by zero kernel panic

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Tue Jan 15 10:20:13 PST 2008

In a message written on Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 12:43:29PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> I forgot to include a return() statement to make it actually fail the attach.
> My bad.  Updated patch below:

With this I can successfully boot.

I enabled all the other hardware I'd disabled in the BIOS and now
everything appears to be seen by FreeBSD, except of course the hpet0
driver.

This fixes my problems, as I don't neeed the high precision timer,
however I'm happy to do some more debugging if someone wants to try and
actually get it working on this chipset/motherboard.