how to suspend/wake-up a FreeBSD machine?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Jan 3 18:01:51 PST 2008

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:51:41 +0100
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> That depends largely on the hardware - on e.g. ThinkPads you need to
> press the 'Fn' button to wake up the laptop after sleep.

hmm i think it's not so much the Fn key, u need to do anything that triggers an ACPI event in the BIOS - like opening the lid , or pressing Fn. I *think* 'thinkVantage' blue btn should work too.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else does and thinking something different."
  Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, 1937 Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine