Management of Thermal (fwd)

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Sun Feb 17 04:43:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

Maybe pertinent to current discussions of thermal management on various
thinkpads .. I just checked acpi_ibm.c 1.7.2.4 (6.x) and see that it
still doesn't include the fan level support introduced to 7.x at 1.10

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/acpi_support/acpi_ibm.c.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.10&r2=text&tr2=1.7.2.4

Is there any particular reason this wasn't / can't be MFC'd to 6.x?

cheers, Ian