is acpi working well ?

Rui Paulo rpaulo at freebsd.org
Tue Dec 30 17:53:41 UTC 2008

On 30 Dec 2008, at 16:35, Daniel Leal wrote:

> I just asked because I was not sure.
>
> But what about the other things?

The other things are problems with your ACPI vendor implementation or
FreeBSD's ACPI implementation problems.

> I already try to disable acpi in /boot/loader.conf with the line
> hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
> but my laptop simply don't boot!! It crashes during freebsd boot
> with a few error that are to fast for my eyes.

Several modern laptops don't work with ACPI disabled.

> I must enable acpi during boot prompt to boot again.
>
> Maybe I could try other things besides acpi, but I not even able to
> switch off acpi !
>
> Sorry of my lack of knowledge, but I really would like to know how
> is cpu temperature and so on...

Not sure if that works; I haven't seen anything in your dmesg that
shows that your laptop has a temperature sensor.

Regards,
--
Rui Paulo