acpi_cpu: binding processor object to pcpu struct.

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 1 11:32:35 PST 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 01:35:15 pm Takanori Watanabe wrote:
> In my box, processor does not binded properly to ACPI object,
> so I wrote the code as follows.
> comment?
>
> I'm afraid system pcpu unit number and cpu device instance number
> may inconsistent, but without this change, ACPI namespace and
> pcpu struct does not match.

Hmm, so is the issue that the acpi_cpu driver expects processor objects to be
listed in the same order in _PR_ as in the MADT?  If so, then that is
probably a false assumption.  The MADT should always have ACPI IDs for non-UP
systems.  OTOH, the comment in the code in acpi_cpu_attach() indicates that
some boxes do not use the same ProcID value in processor objects and MADT
entries and your patch breaks that case.   I will look at the spec to see how
this is supposed to work.

--
John Baldwin