Problem with ACPI using Abit BE6-II V2.0

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Wed Aug 20 03:02:08 UTC 2008

On 2008-Aug-17 23:14:57 +0200, Zbigniew Baniewski <zb at ispid.com.pl> wrote:
>If you didn't notice: I'm trying to explain, that it was here already - but
>now it disappeared.

In which case, it will be easier for you to find the "lost" code.

There seems to be a communications gap between you and the rest of us.
What we are trying to say is that FreeBSD has not removed code that
worked around the bugs in your mobo's ACPI.  Rather FreeBSD is now
relying on ACPI functionality that it never previously exercised.
This means that the breakage in your ACPI is more apparent.

We seem to have jumped threads at some point.  I thought the conclusion
from April's thread was that you were just going to disable ACPI on
your BE6-II.

If you want to investigate the problems with yur GA-6BX7, you could
start by setting VERBOSE_SYSINIT (look in kern/kern_tc.c to see what
it does) and then start adding printf()s to find exactly which
subsystem is hanging and where it is hanging.

--
Peter Jeremy