HP Pavilion dv2000 ACPI Problems

Rui Paulo rpaulo at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 17 20:24:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 12:48:08PM +0000, ZeuZ Diavolo Deimos wrote:
> Well, recently I moved in full time to fBSD.
> I had problems installing the stable and current versions until one of the latest snapshots.
> Now My system boots up, and works "partially fine"
> it tends to over-heat even when powerd is set to minimum energy cost.
> I´ve loaded all the ACPI modules (even the one for ASUS, even now I´ve got it blacklisted because it caused system instability)
> The resume-suspend events do not work either.

Did you upgrade your system properly ?
Regardless of suspend/resume support in your system, the events should take
place.
See http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html
for more information.

> There´s also another weird thing, my processor wasnt able to set the frecuency lower than 800mhz (Turion 64x2 TL-52) and the Gnome applet reports most of the time lower spuns(like 100mhz-500mhz).

That's probably because p4tcc is enabled. Try adding:
hint.p4tcc.0.disabled=1
to /boot/loader.conf.

> Also, the disk tends to do some weird noises only while in fBSD.
> Performance is bad overall too.

Wild guess here, but try booting with:
hint.p4tcc.0.disabled=1
hint.acpi_perf.0.disabled=1