Problem with ACPI using Abit BE6-II V2.0

Zbigniew Baniewski zb at ispid.com.pl
Sat Aug 16 23:11:57 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 08:51:46AM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> >So there's obviously something ACPI-related broken in 7.0, which works
> >in earlier versions.
>
> This doesn't follow at all.  A more reasonable explanation is that 7.0
> is more reliant on correctly implemented ACPI than older versions of
> FreeBSD

...so it has been broken in 7.0, while it was working before - and it
doesn't work by now. The rest is just semantics.

Do you really want to say, it has been done quite intentionally? If so -
it's not good idea to entirely remove the well-tested code, which was
allowing to use more hardware without a need to disable some useful
features.

But if it really is the case - I can't understand Nate's "join the team"
encouragement. There's nothing to fix, if "nothing's broken".

> and so the breakage in your ACPI is more obvious.  Your mobo
> is very old and probably includes only the minimal information needed
> to make MS Windoze work.

...and FreeBSD 5.3/6.2.

>  The easiest work-around is to disable ACPI.

Yes, currently I had to.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski