Problem with ACPI using Abit BE6-II V2.0

Zbigniew Baniewski zb at ispid.com.pl
Fri Aug 15 14:14:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 07:25:39PM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:

> Since the problems are specific to this system, which was manufactured
> in 1999, you're going to find it hard to get others to fix things for
> you.  So the best bet is to try to track down what Linux is doing
> differently.  This is a great opportunity for you to join in!

My new problems with ACPI under FreeBSD 7.0 - described in another thread -
gave me an idea to try older FreeBSD version: it was V5.3, which I tested
using Freesbie V1.1 live-CD.

Neither that Abit BE6-II V2.0, nor Gigabyte GA-6BX7 made any ACPI-related
problems. So the only conclusion is, that it wasn't "broken ACPI
implementation" (which you wrote immediately, without taking any closer
look at the reported problem), but the FreeBSD's ACPI drivers have been
spoiled somewhere between versions V5.3 and V7.0.

Attached you'll find two "verbose dmesgs", taken from within V5.3:

- freesbie_v.txt.gz was made while working with Abit
- freesbie2_v.txt.gz was made while working with Gigabyte

That's (probably) all I can do to help to trace the problem (of course, if
FreeBSD developers care about reported bugs at all). Pay attention, that
it's not just "fixing things especially for me" - because such mobos were
manufactured in thousands of exemplars, and plenty of them around, still
in use.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski