Problem with ACPI using Abit BE6-II V2.0

Zbigniew Baniewski zb at ispid.com.pl
Mon Apr 28 12:49:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 07:25:39PM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:

> Since the problems are specific to this system, which was manufactured
> in 1999, you're going to find it hard to get others to fix things for
> you.

It's not "just for me". The same BIOS has been released for Abit BE6-II
(without "V2.0"), and for Abit BX-133 RAID. And you can be sure: each one
manufactured in hundreds of thousands - and not just one particular exemplar
for my private order.  ;)

> So the best bet is to try to track down what Linux is doing
> differently.  This is a great opportunity for you to join in!

Well, perhaps - but currently I don't even know, where to start. :]  Does
there exist any HOW-TO?
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski