Problem with ACPI using Abit BE6-II V2.0

Rui Paulo rpaulo at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 24 14:26:45 UTC 2008

On 21 Apr 2008, at 10:51, Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 08:45:51PM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
>
>> That's a really old board, Pentium 2-400.  I would not use acpi
>> with it,
>
> Hmmm... why not, actually? I've got mixed Linux/FreeBSD
> installation, and no
> problems with ACPI under Linux. That's why I've sent a report; it
> seems, it
> can work quite normally, and the problem is somewhere in software.

The problem is that old boards have buggy ACPI implementations. It
might work on FreeBSD, or it might not.
Linux also tries to disable ACPI on some old boards by detecting the
manufacturing date.

Regards,
--
Rui Paulo