ACPI on Sony VAIO VGN-SZ5MN

Martin Pieuchot mpieuchot at nolizard.org
Wed Apr 9 20:49:46 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am currently using a FreeBSD/i386 7.0-STABLE on a Sony Vaio
VGN-SZ5MN.

I have some trouble with ACPI which are :
* I cannot boot the system when the module "acpi.ko" is not load. The
last msg is :
> PNP0c02 : adding fixed memory32 range ...
> pnpbios: handle 24 device ID PNP0c02

* I cannot standby the computer (reboot works). When I try a "halt -p"
the system shutdown as usual but after displaying "Powering off the
computer using ACPI" the display turns black but stay on power and I
must unplugged the cable and the battery to switch off my laptop.

* I have also tried an "acpiconf -s3" but without surprise it freezes
the system.

I am also using NetBSD and Linux on the same laptop without those
problems (I don't know for suspend/resume). I have followed the "Using
and Debugging FreeBSD ACPI",so you can find :

My dmesg:
	http://www.nolizard.org/acpi-freebsd/dmesg-with-acpi.txt
The "sysctl hw.acpi":
	http://www.nolizard.org/acpi-freebsd/hw.acpi.output
The ASL (which compile without error):
	http://www.nolizard.org/acpi-freebsd/aer-VGN-SZ5MN.asl

Here is the output of my kldstat:

Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   10 0xc0400000 4e1d3c   kernel
 2    1 0xc08e2000 14314    snd_hda.ko
 3    2 0xc08f7000 495fc    sound.ko
 4    1 0xc0941000 672b4    acpi.ko
 5    1 0xc5540000 21000    linux.ko
 6    1 0xc55aa000 e000     fuse.ko

I have also tried to set "hint.apic.0.disabled="1"" without any success.

Many thanks in advance,

Martin