FreeBSD 7.0 interrupt storm with irq0: clk

Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wearabnet at yahoo.ca
Sun Oct 14 13:30:26 PDT 2007

On 2007-Oct-14 15:36:39 +0300, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri
 <almarrie at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 10/13/07, Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> wrote:
>> Rolf Witt wrote:

>But still same issue with irq0: clk but less now.
>
>IM# vmstat -i
>interrupt                          total       rate
>irq0: clk                       37009569       1000

>So far, you haven't provided any evidence of any "interrupt storm" or
>how it might be related to acpi.  And 7.0 isn't stable yet.

>The default HZ is 1000 so unless you explicitly change it in your
>kernel config, you should have 1000 clock interrupts/sec.

>--
>Peter Jeremy

Actually no more interrupt after I added these options back to my kernel while it's UP not SMP, and vmstat output has changed totally.

# To make an SMP kernel, the next two lines are needed
options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
device          apic                    # I/O APIC

IM# vmstat -i
interrupt                          total       rate
irq14: ata0                         4837          0
irq23: fxp0                      2203298         86
cpu0: timer                     50755929       1999
Total                           52964064       2086

I even don't see irq0 in vmstat at all.

Any hints?

Regards,
-Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri