Neither acpi_thermal nor acpi_toshiba working

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 21 08:12:55 PST 2007

Sean Bruno wrote:
> Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
>>     I am running FreeBSD 7-STABLE from November 20th on a Toshiba
>> laptop Satellite A135-S4527 with Intel Pentium dual-core processor
>> T2080.
>>
>> # uname -a
>> FreeBSD nexxus.fedaykin.here 7.0-BETA2 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA2 #18: Tue Nov
>> 20 00:52:10 BRST 2007
>> lioux at nexxus:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/LIOUX  i386
>>
>>     I get neither acpi_thermal nor acpi_toshiba sysctl entries
>> on my system though the correct modules are loaded.
>>
>>     I am attaching my system information. Let me know if there
>> is anything I can do to help.
>>
>>     Regards,
>>

> Can you run the following command:
> sudo acpidump -dt -o toshiba_A135.dsdt > toshiba_A135.asl
>
> Then post the toshiba_A135.asl on the web somewhere for review?

	Done. You can grab it at

http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/acpi/toshiba_A135.asl
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/acpi/toshiba_A135.dsdt

> P.S.  You may want to try updating your system BIOS.  ACPI tables are
> broken on many machines.

	I am already using the latest bios 1.60. :) Let me know if there is
anything else I can do.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature