[HEADSUP] ACPI-CA 20070126 import

Tue Mar 20 11:04:23 UTC 2007

Quoting Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> (from Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:29:34 -0700):

> acpi is more like an API to your BIOS/hardware that many other drivers
> use.  We "support" version 3.0b in that if drivers want to use it, that
> information is available.  But the actual support in terms of enabling
> features still requires a lot more work.
>
> For example, hotplug cpus.  Nothing needs to be done in acpi to support
> them.  But FreeBSD needs a driver for hotplug cpus, architecture changes
> to help migrate threads off a cpu before shutting it down, etc.

Could you write some sentences for the ideas list? I'm thinking of
something like "our ACPI code has support for the following stuff but
FreeBSD does not make use of it: <list of stuff, maybe with some hints
where to make use of it and/or pointers to docs how to use it and/or
additional ideas what can be done with it>". I know it is a lot of
work to come up with such a list, but we already got some nice
improvements because of entries in our ideas list.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
A box without hinges, key, or lid,