Error: Handler for [SystemMemory] returned AE_AML_ALIGNMENT

Moore, Robert robert.moore at intel.com
Mon Mar 5 22:26:08 UTC 2007

This exception happens when
1) Executing on a platform that does not support non-aligned memory transfer
2) an operation region request is misaligned

What system is this running on?

#ifdef ACPI_MISALIGNMENT_NOT_SUPPORTED
    /*
     * Hardware does not support non-aligned data transfers, we must verify
     * the request.
     */
    (void) AcpiUtShortDivide ((ACPI_INTEGER) Address, Length, NULL, &Remainder);
    if (Remainder != 0)
    {
        return_ACPI_STATUS (AE_AML_ALIGNMENT);
    }