Help required for HP NC6000 Suspend on Ram Troubleshooting

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 25 20:15:27 UTC 2007

On Thursday 21 June 2007 04:47:58 am Olivier Fauchon wrote:

> > ath0: link state changed to DOWN
> > wakeup from sleeping state (slept 00:00:03)
> >
> > So I guess my system pass the test.
> >

> Yep.
>

> > 2/ When doing a 'regular' acpiconf -s3 , system goes black,
> > I can hear 3 'beeps', and then the laptop is stuck (Requires
> > hard reboot).
> >
> > In fact the led should be red blinking in suspend mode,
> > but it's still permanant green.
> >
> > My guess is that the system can't call properly S3 ACPI Suspend
> code???
> >

> > Any more help required :-)
> >

> Weird.. the key is to figure out what's happening during the final entry
> to S3.  You could try throwing in some printfs and see what was the last
> to trigger.

My nc6220 loses all its ATA devices on resume.  Mine also has a serial console
so I've been able to debug some.  Try
http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/ata_reinit.patch (fixes a panic on
resume) and http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/ata_resume.patch (doesn't
lose ATA devices on resume).  This gets it closer, but somehow resume is
hanging elsewhere as i still don't get to where I can hit enter on the
(serial) console after this.  I have verified that you can use acpi_video to
turn the LCD on and off, so that will be useful once it gets far enough to
run commands during resume.  On my laptop at least, though, acpi_video always
thinks all the output devices are off even when they are on.

--
John Baldwin