Help required for HP NC6000 Suspend on Ram Troubleshooting

Olivier Fauchon olivier at aixmarseille.com
Tue Jun 19 11:39:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

Suspend on RAM is not working on my HP NC 6000 Laptop.

When using acpiconf -s3, the LCD goes Black, but the green power LED is
still on.

At this point, the laptop is stuck, and I have to hold down Power button
10s+ many times to stop and restart it.

I followed all the indications on various websites to troubleshoot this:

- Compile kernel as modules, so I can unload most of them before S3.
- Fix DSDT
- Define hw.acpi.osname
- Turn ACPI debug ON on a serial console (As LCD is black at S3)

So, you can find here http://www.aixmarseille.com/pub/acpi_nc6000/

- ACPI debug informations during acpiconf -s3 (s3_logs.txt)
- DSDT & ASL
- lspci
- sysctl

My first goal is to find out why my laptop don't go in S3 Mode properly
(with the LED indicating the laptop is sleeping).

Any help welcome.

Thx