function key, reboot, and X31

Rong-en Fan grafan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 12:56:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

Recently I have a chance to reinstall my old X31. First,
I found that after I press the function key fn+XX, the whole
computer hangs. Also, it can't reboot. It just hangs there.

Before reinstall this laptop, I run Ubuntu Linux on it, it
works well. Then, I remembered that I need to disable
the secondary IDE device from ThinkPad Configuration
program (clive@ mentioned this in 2004 here). After
that it works well. It looks like that Linux's acpi code
works well with the secondary IDE device (on the ultra bay)
enabled. Is there anyway to trace what's happen in
our acpi code?

Thanks,
Rong-En Fan