ACPI problems on HP Compaq nx6325

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Fri Jan 19 23:43:30 UTC 2007

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Michele Heurs wrote:
>
>> Meanwhile I have freeBSD 6.2 stable (of Monday), but ACPI still
>> doesn't work. Booting with ACPI enabled results in the the system
>> being unresponsive, the mouse is "jumpy" and input is only
>> recognised after long delays or when the mouse is moved.
>
> Sounds a lot like what I've been suffering from as well.
>
> Have a look at PR i386/104678, and the patches referenced there.
> Using these patches, my nx6325 works reasonably well.  Alas, it still
> appears to burn a lot more energy than when running under Win32, and
> speedstep doesn't appear to be fully supported.
>
> I've got more troubles still (wakeup from suspend mode always freezes,
> sound is only supported by the commercial OSS driver and even there,
> it always mutes the speaker, battery is often not properly detected in
> acpiconf -i0, the ndiswrapper driver for the builtin WLAN card panics
> immediately when loading), but I think you have to get the more basic
> things to run first until we could talk about that.

I looked at this and the solution should be "don't use anything other
than C1".  That's the default for both 7.x and 6.x so you must be
explicitly changing rc.conf or sysctl.conf to enable lower cx_lowest
states, right?

Also, *which* patch are you using from the PR?  THere are a few
different ones.

--
Nate