No ad0 following ACPI Resume on Toshiba Sat Pro 6100/6.2-R ?

Dr. Gary E. RAFE drgerlists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:27:08 UTC 2007

Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> wrote:
!> and that APM Suspend/Resume works reliably on this hardware.
!
!In apm, the bios reinitializes a lot of devices, including ata in your case.
!
!> This looks alot like the problem reported by
!> A. Scherbanov in a recent freebsd-current message
!> <http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-February/069214.html>
!
!Yes, this looks like an ata problem.  I forwarded it on to an ata
!person, and maybe he can help.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Another "clue" might be that ACPI Suspend/Resume
appears to work reliably on my wife's Toshiba
Satellite Pro 4600 running 6.1-R,
which claims to have the ICH2 ATA controller.

(Actually, the 4600 has its own odd little
resume problem (APM or ACPI),
which is unrelated to this show-stopper,
but that's a story for another thread).

Regards --Gary
--
Dr Gary E RAFE: drgerlists at gmail dot com