HP LH3000r hangs on boot with ACPI enabled

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 22 17:21:48 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 10:56 am, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 February 2007 21:20, Jung-uk Kim wrote:

> > > Yes, I'm hoping we can do that.  Jung-uk Kim is preparing a
> > > patch of 20070126 so hopefully we can test and integrate that.
> >
> > Okay, here is the patch:
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/acpica-import-20070126.diff.gz
> >
> > I have to warn you that I made this patch very quickly from my
> > local tree, which has lots of unrelated and/or experimental
> > stuff.  In fact, I got it about 90 minutes ago. ;-) So, we have
> > to refine a lot, e.g., locking, task queue, madt, table handling,
> > etc, etc...
>
> Well, I looked at it, and the only comments I have so far is:
>
> 1) The MADT changes have a lot of unrelated gratuitous changes, and
> have also broken MADT support on i386 (hint, you can't use
> AcpiOsMapMemory() as early as the MADT is first probed on i386.  I
> wouldn't have used the madt_map() stuff if it wasn't necessary).
> I'd prefer to just change the MADT stuff that needs to be changed
> to catch up to the new import and not a whole bunch of other stuff.
>  I can come up with alternative diff's for MADT for the import if
> desired.

Some time ago, we had the same discussion privately, right?  In fact,
I haven't had chance to revise the patch.  So, yeah, I am aware of
the issue.  And your help and/or alternative diff's for MADT is
greatly appreciated.

> 2) In acpi_pci_link.c, the first hunk just adds extra ()'s which
> aren't needed and thus in fact violate style(9) (which discourages
> extra ()'s).

Will do.  But it wasn't just about adding more ()'s.  It was actually
AcpiGbl_FADT->SciInt => AcpiGbl_FADT.SciInterrupt change. :-)

> The rest looked ok, though most of it covered stuff that isn't in
> my areas of experience.

Thanks!

Jung-uk Kim