Asus P5LD2 Deluxe does not power-off

Milan Knizek knizek at volny.cz
Thu Feb 22 11:38:19 UTC 2007

On Monday 19 February 2007 19:47, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Milan Knizek wrote:

> > # uname -a
> > FreeBSD athlon.liboc 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #6: Sun Feb 18
> > 22:05:29 CET 2007     root at athlon.liboc:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ATHLON  i386
> > (it did not work also with GENERIC. ATHLON adds SMP)
>
> Have you tried amd64 on this?  Not sure if this is the 64 bit cpu or
> not.  In any case, try setting either or both of these to 1:

No, I prefer to stay with i386 for the time being (the cpu is Pentium D). I
may try to download amd64 iso image and test. I will let you know then.

> hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0
> hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 0

No change. In all cases (1 and 0; 0 and 1; 1 and 1) no impact on shutdown
process, just the message about disabling acpi appeared.

Regards,
--
Milan Knížek
http://milan-knizek.net/