HP LH3000r hangs on boot with ACPI enabled

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 19 16:53:25 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 February 2007 02:14, Stephen Hurd wrote:
> System does not complete the boot (hang) with ACPI enabled using FreeBSD
> 6.2-RELEASE

I would look for a BIOS update.  First of all this message is worrying:

>     ACPI-0347: *** Error: During resolve, Unknown Reference opcode 2D
> (AE_NOT_CONFIGURED) in 0xc3c5d600
>     ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.ISA_.LINK]
> (Node 0xc3bcdbc0), AE_AML_INTERNAL
>     ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.INIT]
> (Node 0xc3b78480), AE_AML_INTERNAL
>     ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0._INI]
> (Node 0xc3b78500), AE_AML_INTERNAL

This means it wasn't able to finish the init method for the PCI bus.
Secondly, if you compare the IRQs for the two dmesg's (which you can in
this case), you will see that ACPI uses different (and in theory, wrong)
IRQs for the sym0, sym1, and ahc0 devices, and the last one is causing
your hang I think.

--
John Baldwin