ACPI problems on Dell Latitude CP

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Sun Feb 11 04:21:17 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 16:47 +0000, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:
> On 2/3/07, Fredrik Tolf <fredrik at dolda2000.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 18:46 +0100, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
>
> > I found the debug.acpi.disabled parameter, and I've found that it works
> > when I set it to "cmbat" (nothing wrong with acad, at least). Is there
> > anyone who can tell me what I can try next to get it a bit closer to
> > work? I'm guessing it would involve patching my DSDT, but I can't really
> > say that I know that very much about ACPI in general, so it would be
> > great if someone could point to some less onerous documentation than the
> > official specification.
>
> Please send to the list this output
>
> #sysctl hw.acpi

Sure!

hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S3 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: S3
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.s4bios: 1
hw.acpi.verbose: 1
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.reset_video: 0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0 C2/50
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage: 100.00% 0.00%
hw.acpi.acline: 1
hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 10
hw.acpi.thermal.user_override: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 40.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.passive_cooling: 1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 72.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 75.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: 71.0C 69.0C -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

> Also host the output of #acpidump -t -d > name-system.asl in a site so
> devlopers could look into it.

Ok, it's available here:
<http://www.dolda2000.com/~fredrik/lf/dell-latitude-cp.asl>

Thanks for replying, and sorry for taking so long to reply. I can't say
I've been able to get any further on my own quite yet.

Fredrik Tolf