ACPI Bug on Abit IP35 Pro

Edu Carneiro mustaxe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:32:34 PST 2007

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the suggestion. I disabled the ACPI thermal in loader.conf and
that did the trick with the annoying error messages.

I was also able to boot FreeBSD with ACPI disabled. I realized that when
selecting that option, I was getting stuck in the SATA drive while booting
so I disconnected the drive and it worked....well, this is definitely not
the solution I'm going for since I need that drive but at least I got thru
that way.

I posted my acpidump here http://www.mustaxe.com/freebsd/edu.asl.txt.

Let me know if you get any leads and I'll keep on investigating on my side
also. Is there any good tutorial on how to write/fix AML code? (I know
google is my friend but I'd take recommendations also).

Regards,
Edu