help freebsd project

William Grzybowski william88 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 16:02:33 PDT 2007

On 8/28/07, Kevin Oberman <oberman at es.net> wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:26:37 +0530
> > From: Subhro <subhro.kar at gmail.com>
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-acpi at freebsd.org
> >
> > On 8/28/07, William Grzybowski <william88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > *i am resending this mail because i guess the last one didnt arrived
> on the
> > > acpi list
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Well, I am a university student in the second year with a reasonable
> > > knowledge in C and would like to help in anyway the FreeBSD project,
> > > specially acpi.
> > > I don't know much about it at all but could be a nice opportunity to
> learn
> > > about things which I always liked, starting with small stuff, of
> course, and
> > > help the community.
> > > So, would be nice to know your opinion about it, if it sounds
> > > reasonable/possible, anything...
> > >
> > > Thanks :)
> > >
> > > Bye.
> > >
> > > --
> > > William Grzybowski
> > >

> > Hey William,
> >
> > Its great that you want to help. I would recommend you go through the
> > DEveloper's Handbook to get a feel about the development process.
> >
> > Subhro
> >

> Also, if you want to work on ACPI stuff, read the relevant
> documentation. Some good stuff is:
> https://ols2006.108.redhat.com/2007/Reprints/brown_1-Reprint.pdf
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/acpi-overview.html
>
> http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix02/tech/freenix/full_papers/watanabe/watanabe_html/index.html

Thanks both for the tips :)
I did read it at all, except the acpi.info which i am reading slowly... it's
all nice documents
I was wondering if someone could "support" me more closely, giving me small
problems/things to do (i guess this is one of the best ways to learn about
anything).
Maybe i am asking too much, but would be great.

please don't get mw wrong..

Thanks, bye.

--
William Grzybowski