msk dev problem with acpi

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 23 15:07:23 PDT 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007 07:35:15 am William Grzybowski wrote:
> On 8/22/07, William Grzybowski <william88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Yes, this is why your device doesn't work.  Verbose dmesg's for both
> > > cases
> > > would be useful.
> >

> > Hi, i am sending the both verbose dmesg's:
> > http://www.inf.ufpr.br/wg06/dmesg-verbose-acpi.gz
> > http://www.inf.ufpr.br/wg06/dmesg-verbose-noacpi.gz
> >
> > I hope it helps.. tell me if you need anything more
> > thanks all :)
> >
> > --
> > > John Baldwin
> >

> Hi, i just verified it, the links which i gave hadn't the full dmesg, if you
> already saw this links, please, see it again.
> It is more informative :)
> http://www.inf.ufpr.br/wg06/dmesg-verbose-acpi.gz
> http://www.inf.ufpr.br/wg06/dmesg-verbose-noacpi.gz
>
> Thanks again and sorry for multiple messages and annoying :S

ACPI is clearing the resources in the PCI-PCI bridge (and the msk(4) device),
presumably during an _INI routine and FreeBSD can't currently cope with that.
I couldn't really find where in your ASL it clears the BAR.  You can try
bugging warner losh (imp@).  In this case it should be easier to handle as
the PCI-PCI bridge has no resources at all, so it should be able to recurse
up ok.

--
John Baldwin