kern/74868: [acpi] ACPI enabled in 5.3 Release make Kernel reboot in 5.3.b7 not!!

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 30 16:30:17 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/74868; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, joerg.ruppe-tanner at ch-open.ch
Subject: Re: kern/74868: [acpi] ACPI enabled in 5.3 Release make Kernel reboot in 5.3.b7 not!!
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:56:17 -0400

 I've looked at the changes to those files around the time of 5.3 and there's
 nothing that really sticks out except that a quirk for the ACPI timer was
 changed to be narrower, but that wouldn't affect poweroff.  To have any hope
 of debugging this, we'd need to have 1) the messages from the kernel crash,
 and 2) the actual diff of the changed files.

 --
 John Baldwin