Suspend on SMP: Progress?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Mon Apr 30 15:03:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 01:57:36PM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
>
> > Basically, has there been any progress on suspend/resume on
> > SMP laptops?

[...]

> No work has been done for this.  Basically the APs need to be stopped
> during suspend and restarted during resume.

Thanks for the response.

Given that SMP seems to be the direction that processors are
going nowadays, I'm a little surprised that getting it working
under ACPI isn't a higher priority. (I fully acknowledge and
appreciate the amount of work you guys put into the project,
work which I'd never be able to do, etc. etc.) If user input
is considered, I'd like to put in a vote for this being bumped
up the list.

Thanks very much.

Jesse Sheidlower