RELENG_6 power button ignored after halt if ACPI enabled

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Sun Sep 17 19:55:27 PDT 2006

Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> Note that these are for the HE-SL chipset system. I'm going to recompile
> the acpi module with ACPI_DEBUG and see what that produces.

Following the instructions in the handbook:

# cd /sys/modules/acpi/acpi
# make clean
# make ACPI_DEBUG=1
# install acpi.ko /boot/kernel/acpi.ko

Results in no acpi functionality at all upon reboot.
The kernel loader seems to be unable to load the module:

# kldload acpi.ko
kldload: can't load acpi.ko: No such file or directory

copying the original module over the top fixes the issue (as does
rebuilding w/o ACPI_DEBUG):

# cp /root/bug/acpi.ko.orig /boot/kernel/acpi.ko
# kldload acpi.ko
#

Any ideas

cheers