Acer Aspire 5601 AWLMi corrupted acpi bytecode

Andrew aremo at ngi.it
Mon Nov 6 09:55:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 23:03:09 +0000, Alexandre Vieira <nullpt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm getting loads of ACPI trash in my newest laptop (ACER Aspire 5601
> AWLMi).
>
> # acpidump -t -d > Acer5601AWLMi.asl
> # iasl Acer5601AWLMi.asl
>
> It shows 12 Errors, 4 Warnings and 1 Remark.
>
> Can anyone help out and post a diff to fix this asl?

Hi Alexandre,

I've got exactly the same model (since 5 days ago). On mine, it shows 7
warnings but no errors. Nevertheless, it cannot reboot or shutdown under
FreeBSD (which sadly means I'll have to switch to Linux, unless I find
out that FreeBSD 6.2-BETA3 makes things work).

I can send you acpidump's output from my machine if you wish.

Later,
Andrew