ASUS V6J with 7.0-CURRENT

Ling-hua Tseng uranus at it.muds.net
Fri Mar 31 04:46:54 UTC 2006

My notebook is ASUS V6J.

1. I have tried to use acpi_asus.ko but it didn't support ASUS V6J yet.
    What things I have to provide if someone would like to help me to implement this?
    Here are my boot messages which related to ACPI:

        acpi0: <A M I OEMRSDT> on motherboard
        acpi: bad read from port 0x073 (8)
        acpi: bad read from port 0x073 (8)
        acpi: bad read from port 0x073 (8)
        acpi: bad read from port 0x073 (8)
        acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
        acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
        acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
        acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
        acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
        acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
        acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
        acpi: bad write to port 0x080 (8), val 0xaa
        acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
        acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
        acpi_ec0: <Embedded Controller: GPE 0x1c> port 0x62,0x66 on acpi0
        Timecounter "ACPI-fast" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 1000
        acpi_timer0: <24-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x808-0x80b on acpi0

2. I enabled the powerd with the flags "-a maximum -b adaptive".
    The console will be frozen if I removed the AC power.
    The alt-F1~F7 cannot work on the console after I removing the AC power.
    When I removed the AC power, I can get the messages:
        acpi: bad read from port 0x073 (8)
        cpu0:cpu Cx states c1: Cx sthangedates changed
    (The second line of the messages are interlaced by two messages.)
    I can still use ssh to login my system and can use "watch ttyv0" to see the console screen without freezing.

    This problem is only occured in 7.0-CURRENT (6.1-PRERELEASE can work correctly).

3. I cannot suspend my system by using zzz or acpiconf -s 3.
    The only message is "kernel: acpi0: device_suspend failed".
    I have confirmed that my notebook support it by using sysctl:
        hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S3 S4 S5
        hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
        hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
        hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
        hw.acpi.standby_state: S1